Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tragic accident claims life of 8 year old boy

Gardner, Mass is a small centrally located town just a short drive from my hometown and tonight, the entire community and the surrounding towns are in shock over the tragic death of 8 year old Colby O'Brien at the Elm St. Elementary School.  Apparently, the child was killed when a large tv and cart fell on him. The story was reported here:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/02/06/year-old-boy-killed-accident-gardner-school/IdnqeuuOMlE901v1Gg1luK/story.html

I personally do not know this family, but they have been in my thoughts and prayers all day. The pain and heartbreak of losing a child is something I can't even begin to comprehend. I first learned of this when my daughter came to me upset after seeing a post on Facebook. It tore at my heart, an accident so unexpected and horrifying. My children are all older now, and I still worry about losing them, I don't think that changes no matter what age they are.

No parent should ever have to bury a child. 

My deepest sympathies go out to this family, the faculty at the school and  to the students and friends of this young man. I hope they can find healing and comfort in their community and each other. And just a reminder to everyone out there, you can never say "I love you" too often and there is no such thing as too many hugs. Life is short and can by chance be cut cruelly and unexpectedly short. Enjoy every moment and tell the people you love, how you feel every single day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment